We Hate Taxes, But Here’s A Bit Of Good News!
Get your taxes done for FREE!!
Starting on January 12th, 2010, United Way of King County will operate 17 free tax preparation sites throughout King County. Tax assistance will be provided by over 550 volunteers who are trained and certified by the IRS.
Who is eligible for this service?
- Anyone whose household made less than $50,000 in 2009
- Basic tax returns only (NO rental income, business taxes, or sale of property or stock)
- No appointment necessary
What services are available at tax sites?
- Free, quality tax preparation
- Electronic filing and direct deposit for faster refunds (bring your account information)
- Ensure that you receive all credits and deductions for which you are eligible
- Information about other asset building opportunities such as opening a bank account or purchasing a savings bond
- Help for recent immigrants (multilingual services and applications for individual taxpayer identification numbers)
To find a free tax preparation site near you, call 2-1-1 or visit www.uwkc.org/taxhelp.